Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Alpha House Family Shelter - Thanks for your work! October 2011

Thanks for the Family Shelter:
Our St. Francis team of 29 volunteers, led by coordinators Mary Hayden & Chris Kempton, provided hospitality for homeless families during our parish host week in October at the at Alpha House Shelter on Jackson Road.   Thanks to all of our team members!  You are the hands and face of St. Francis Parish, in fact the hands and face of Christ!!!  

Catherine Anderson, Herbert Black, Janet Bourgon, Julie Allison-Conlin, Bob Conlin, Bill Dirksen, Ehren Dirksen, Isabelle Dirksen, Nicole Dirksen, Samuel Dirksen, Lisa Gatti, Michael Gatti, Roberta Gatti, Mary Hayden, Crystal Heft, Marty Javornisky, Andrew Kempton, Chris Kempton, Lillian Kempton, Thomas Kempton, Brianna Kraus, Christopher Mollo, Lisa Murray, Barbara Pomey, Beth Russell, Cynthia Smigielski, Chris Turner, Linda Wiseman & Scott Wright.

Please help to ensure that this important ministry remains a part of our parish by filling a leadership role.  St. Francis Parish is scheduled again to host for a week in June, and, we are seeking at least one additional leader for coordinating our volunteer team.   This is a great opportunity for individuals and families to serve together! We need people/families to support paid staff by interacting with the guest families - visiting, providing activities for the children, etc.      Questions? Contact: Chris Kempton chris@kempton.com (623-9845) or, the St. Francis Parish Social Ministry Office, (734-821-2121) swright@stfrancisa2.org.

"I volunteer at Alpha House because I am so humbled to realize my blessings when I return home to the comfort of my own space." Crystal

"I believe it is important to give back. I have been blessed in this life, and this simple and pleasant gesture of working at the shelters is one way I can help my fellow man."  Herb

"Somehow I feel closer to God when I help with the shelter!" Catherine

"I enjoy volunteering at Alpha House because there is a pervasive sense of respect and dignity among families, staff and volunteers. I live alone, and find that I look forward to sharing meals at Alpha House."  Janet

"Spending time at Alpha House helps me better understand need.  When you meet and get to know neighbors in need of help, it becomes impossible to separate them in your mind from our community as a whole."  Chris


Pictures on this page include: (002) Mary preparing dinner for the guests Sunday evening. (007) Chris T. cleaning up after a good dinner. (001) Chris T. and Alpha House volunteer Stacey.

No comments: